Project Documentation Manager (295154)
Req ID 295154 - Posted 05/25/2018 - Denmark - Vejle - Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy - Project Management - Experienced Professional - Siemens Employee - Full time only
Job ID: 295154
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Denmark
Mode of employment: Full time
For our Project Documentation Management department at Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy in Vejle, we are looking for a self-driven and experienced Project Documentation Manager (PDM), who is eager to play an important part within the area of project documentation in the Offshore Wind Industry. As we are a newly established department within the PMO you will have the possibility to have influence in the further development.
As a PDM, you will be responsible for improving and maintaining the standards, processes, and best practices for project documentation management throughout the Sales and execution phase until handover to Service, and implement them in close collaboration with our stakeholders.
What are my responsibilities?
· Establish and manage the documentation baseline together with project team members from Sales through Execution to handover to Service within the framework of company guidelines, with the objective to meet or exceed the contractual, safety, regulatory and quality requirements, thereby achieving customer satisfaction and project goals.
· Ensure a systematic and reliable collaboration with customer and with all the project staff ensuring that documentation packages are delivered on time and quality at its best during all the phases of the project.
· Good collaborative capabilities ensuring guidance, support, motivation and development of the project organization in relation to handling of documentation.
· Contribute to the documentation department regarding continued development and lessons learned striving to become more accurate and effective and utilizing the Building Information Modelling within the documentation and integration area.
· Establish the documentation management plan including project specific requirements, workflow and approval procedures, agree with customer regarding requirements for documentation, agree with subcontractor regarding requirements for documentation ensuring delivery on time, on quality, on budget of the agreed list of documents (project, certification, engineering, pre-assembly, installation etc.) for the wind farm during all phases (sales to service).
What are my tasks?
During the sales phases:
· Support Sales PMs and Package managers in clarifying and agreeing on client requirements regarding documentation
· Participate in client negotiations concerning documentation scope
· Prepare together with Sales PM and Sales Package managers a document baseline based on SGRE standard baseline
· Provide feedback in contract review regarding documentation scope
During the project execution:
· Keep an overview of contractual obligations in respect to documentation
· Contribute to establishing timeline and work breakdown structure for project documentation that aligns with the contract and project schedule
· Monitor and report on documentation progress in the package/project as per agreed project reporting set-up
· Configure the overall documentation management system and structure of the documentation package according to contractual requirements
· Maintain oversight of configuration management / revision control of documents to ensure consistency
· Manage the release of the latest version of site documentation and ensure it is appropriate to project specific requirements
· Conduct quality control and review of documentation to ensure documents meet the appropriate documentation standard and contractual obligations for content
· Act as point of contact for the customer and project team regarding documentation during project execution
· Ensure that the documentation systems are updated and ready for handover / takeover
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· You hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Building/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
· Experience in working in the wind turbine or power plant industry with varying duties and functions.
· At least 5 years of managing multi-disciplinary projects or equivalent responsibility for sub-projects.
· Demonstrate ability to coordinate / direct / guide / delegate with different stakeholders to achieve project objectives.
· Experience in working and managing international projects with intercultural teams.
· Project Management certification will be an advantage.
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job at http://www.gamesacorp.com/en/human-capital/job-offers/. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the position, please contact the hiring manager, Benjamin Dean via +45 3037 5687
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.