Job ID: 296711
Organisation: Siemens Healthineers
Mode of Employment: Permanent
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
We at Siemens Healthineers are committed to helping healthcare providers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately the health of mankind.
While we are investing in engineering excellence – leading-edge medical technologies and services, we don’t stop there. We’re also investing in our 46.000 people with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in the healthcare industry.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Research Scientist (m/w) - Artificial Intelligence / Medical Image Analytics in Erlangen.
If you are ambitious and change makes you thrive, support us in the area of Artificial Intelligence / Medical Image Analytics.
- You work on R&D projects in medical imaging with focus on machine learning (especially deep learning), pattern recognition, 2D/3D/4D segmentation, modelling and tracking
- You manage well-defined sub-projects within larger R&D activities
- You develop novel algorithms and prototypes, conduct feasibility studies, specify and implement product components
- You prepare grant proposals and invention disclosures, publish articles in high-impact journals and conferences
- Furthermore you translate cutting edge technology into new commercial, scientific, and industrial applications
- You identify and assess new technological and medical trends
- You work closely together with other teams of the Healthineers Digital Services in Princeton, NJ, as well as with business units of Siemens Healthineers
This position may suit you best, if you have a proven track record of research experience in machine learning.
- You possess a Ph.D. degree in computer science, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, or another comparable discipline
- You have profound theoretical and practical knowledge in machine learning or artificial intelligence, ideally in the area of deep learning, with focus on image analytics and understanding
- You have at least three years of research experience in the above-mentioned areas with corresponding publications in high-impact journals and conferences
- Solid programming skills in C++ and Python, ideally experience with cloud computing platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services characterize you
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German knowledge would be a plus
- Self-motivation with the ability to innovate in an international team round off your profile
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, get in touch with us.
if you wish to find out more about the specific business before applying.
+49 (9131) 7-35335
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Ms. Linda Mueller.
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.